Protein is an essential macronutrient that helps build muscle, repair tissue, and make enzymes and hormones. Using protein powder may also aid weight loss and help people tone their muscles. There are many different types of protein powder, including dairy-based and plant-based powders.
- Whey is an Excellent Source of High-Quality Protein.
- Whey Protein Promotes Muscle Growth.
- Whey Protein May Lower Blood Pressure.
- Whey Protein May Help Treat Type 2 Diabetes.
- Whey Protein May Help Reduce Inflammation.
it can help you increase strength, gain muscle and lose significant amounts of body fat ( 2 ). However, whey is more than just protein. It contains many other nutrients, some with potent biological effects. In fact, it's one of the best-studied supplements in the world.